The Montessori Center, a small school serving a maximum of 28 children and their families, was established in 1982. Specializing in an all day program, the classroom, located in an old Victorian house in the Lincoln Way East historic district of South Bend, takes Montessori back to it's Italian roots. Instead of the more typical classroom setting of one room, Montessori Center children have the freedom to explore 5 rooms, each representing a different curricular area - math, language, cultural subjects, sensorial or practical life.
The Montessori Center, lead by the teachings and wisdom of Dr. Maria Montessori, strives to implement an authentic “Children’s House”. The Montessori philosophy and method of education is offered to children from a wide range of socio-economic, cultural, and life style backgrounds. A flexible program, maintaining the highest standards of quality, is designed to serve the needs of today’s children and their families.
A Little About The Montessori Center
- Specializing in an all day Montessori program
- Located in a lovely historic Victorian house
- Committed to affordable tuitions
- Educating children two and a half years old through kindergarten
- Flexible and supportive to fit the needs of today's families
- Nurturing holistic approach
- Extended day base 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Open 7:30 am - 5:30 pm for before and after care
- Year around calendar a with a nature based summer camp program
- Staffed by very experienced AMS credentialed Montessori professionals
- Children discover the joy of learning
- Parents discover an environment that supports and embraces each child's uniqueness.
The Montessori Center is Moving!
Our lovely old Victorian home has served us well for past 34 years, but soon it will be in need of major repairs. In addition our wonderful and loyal landlord, Kenny Kent is beginning to scale back on his rental properties as a step toward his own retirement. This timing coincides with the opportunity to move the school 5 minutes away to a location that will serve as a wonderful school and also allow the children access to what we call the "farmette". The Farmette consists of a large garden, greenhouse, small orchard, and berry bushes. To view pictures of the new location click here.